Our client is seeking an experienced Immigration Paralegal. The Immigration Paralegal is responsible for preparing USCIS forms and collecting supporting legal documents, such as birth certificates or marriage licenses. In addition to assisting a team of attorneys with U.S. visa petitions, will also perform research and provide translation services to the Firm’s clients; and handle a high volume of immigration cases.
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Prepare USCIS forms and collect supporting documentation
- Prepare removal defense filings
- Assist with U.S. visa petitions
- Analyze case documents
- Perform legal research
- Provide backup for Corporate Paralegal with EB-5 Offering documents
- Communicate with clients
- Assist with administrative tasks, as needed. QUALIFICATIONS AND REQUIREMENTS
- Bachelor's degree in paralegal studies (preferred)
- Bilingual communication skills (Spanish preferred)
- Experience with USCIS procedures
- Computer literacy
- Detail-oriented PHYSICAL DEMANDS OF POSITION Work is performed in a professional office environment and requires the following during the work day:
- Must be able to remain in a stationary position for long periods of time (working at a computer) Repetitive movement (i.e. heavy computer/keyboard use).
- Individual will interact regularly with others verbally, in-person, and via written communication.
- May require occasional light lifting (files, copy paper, etc.).
In addition to the essential functions outlined above:
- Individual in this position will provide additional assistance and support as directed by their supervisor.
- Job may require occasional travel to the firm’s other offices and for external events
- Candidate must have flexible schedule and be able to work in the office 5 days a week
- This job description is subject to change at any time.
Our client is an Equal Opportunity Employer. They value diversity, seek qualified applicants and make personnel decisions without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, national origin, age, disability, marital or veteran status, citizenship, gender identity or expression, or any other legally protected status.
The expected salary range for this position is between $90,000 and $100,000. The actual base salary offered will depend upon a variety of factors, including without limitation, the qualifications of the individual applicant for the position, years of relevant experience, level of education attained, certifications or other professional licenses held, and if applicable, the location in which the applicant lives and/or from which they will be performing the job.