Human Resources Manager
HR Manager – Boston, MA
Our client is seeking an HR Manager to join their team in Boston. This role requires 60% in office presence; remote work is permissible 40% of the time. Responsibilities for the HR Manager include:
- Develop and maintain strong relationships with attorneys and employees across all sections. Gain a deep understanding of the firm’s capabilities and resources.
- Provide excellent service and become a trusted colleague. Act as a helpful resource who advocates appropriately and proactively for positive change and creative solutions.
- Manage the orientation and on-boarding processes for all attorneys, monitoring program effectiveness, and suggesting enhancements. Support successful integrations by working with Section Management and other administrative departments.
- Work with our Immigration and Legal Recruiting colleagues on all candidates and existing attorneys with Immigration needs.
- Manage all aspects of the Mentoring and Advising Programs, including identifying pairings, training and communications; monitor program effectiveness and suggest enhancements.
- Participate in the associate and patent agent evaluation processes. Review feedback and collaborate with Attorney Development colleagues and Section Management to assess performance.
- Establish and monitor external coaching arrangements.
- Manage the Firm’s Flexible Work Arrangement program. Coach attorneys who are considering flexible work arrangements through the decision and process.
- Liaise with attorneys, management, and Benefits team regarding attorney ADA accommodation requests.
- Manage the implementation of the firm’s Non-Discrimination and Non-Harassment quarterly trainings.
- Manage the departure process for all attorneys, patent agents, and technical advisors. Conduct exit interviews. Streamline the exit interview process and aggregate firm-wide results for presentation to Attorney Development colleagues and management as appropriate.
- Collect and coordinate responses to survey data inquiries.
- Work with HR Specialist and HRIS team to ensure attorney data is accurate.
- Plan and coordinate various office and class events to enhance engagement and morale.
- Work with the HR Specialist/Coordinator to ensure active bar admission status in each of the firm’s jurisdictions.
- Manage secondment process by collaborating with management and attorneys to ensure needs are met.
- Work with Director of Diversity, Equity and Inclusion, the Diversity Committee, and firm’s affinity groups as needed.
- Collaborate with other Attorney Development Managers and Practice Managers to implement the Firm’s attorney development strategy.
- Supervise HR Specialist/Coordinator and support their professional development.
- Stay current in professional development best practices and trends t by attending conferences and joining relevant networking groups.
- Travel regularly to other offices.
- Assume additional responsibilities as requested.
- BA/BS required; JDs welcome to apply.
- 8+ years of experience Human Resources required. Experience in law firm preferred.
- Demonstrated familiarity with the business model of large multi-disciplinary law firms.
- Possess excellent verbal and written communication skills with an ability to influence others.
- Ability to function in a fast-paced, service-oriented environment, prioritize multiple projects on a daily basis, and adjust to shifting priorities.
- Strong planning, project management and organizational skills.
- Strong sense of urgency. Facility analyzing, working with and presenting data.
- Ability to collaborate and gain the respect, trust and confidence of the Firm’s attorneys and professional staff.
- Possess a “hands-on” tactical approach.
- Creative and proactive approach to problem solving.
- Facilitate teamwork and identify opportunities to develop new processes/infrastructure.
- Demonstrated ability to grasp and implement new concepts quickly.
- Strong analytical abilities, resourcefulness, and attention to detail.
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team with a proactive and positive style that fosters collaborative working relationships.
- Outstanding customer service.
- Deep personal commitment to integrity, excellent judgment and the highest standards of ethics.
- Must display the highest level of diplomacy, tact and discretion, with comfort, in handling and maintaining confidential information.
- Excellent computer skills, including proficiency in using Microsoft Word, Outlook, Excel and PowerPoint. Ability to quickly get up to speed and master new applications and software is critical.