Financial Projects & Systems Specialist
Financial Projects & Systems Specialist
The Financial Projects & Systems Specialist will be responsible for assisting with maintaining, supporting and customizing the financial systems of the Firm including Elite 3E, Chrome River, Intapp Time, Elite Financial Reporting, Elite Design Gallery, Proforma Tracker and other related systems. The Financial Projects & Systems Specialist also plays a supporting role in Financial System Project Management. This position will report to the Senior Manager Financial Projects & Systems.
This role requires 60% in office presence; remote work is permissible 40% of the time.
Financial System Administration
- Act as a liaison between Finance and Information Technology departments and serve as a team member on projects related to expanding the functionality of the Firm’s financial systems.
- Manage the complex security for Elite 3E, Chrome River and all of the financial systems to secure access to all of the firm’s financial data.
- Manage all user/system set-ups in Elite 3E, Chrome River and all of the financial systems.
- Develop and maintain Chrome River rules and documentation in compliance with Finance department policies and procedures.
- Proactively identify opportunities for new or different ways to utilize the financial systems’ functionality to improve business processes.
- Assist with software implementations and upgrades to existing systems as well as the implementation of third party application integration processes.
- Troubleshoot problems related to software performance & functionality in conjunction with Information Technology department.
- Coordinate with third party support regarding system maintenance projects and incidents related to them.
- Review system-related processes in each functional area and work with Finance managers to streamline and improve current processes.
- Assist with database cleanup projects.
- Perform data analysis to facilitate identifying and resolving issues and problems.
- Develop and generate reports, workflows, data imports/exports and interfaces between systems.
Financial System Project Management
- Support role representing the Finance Department in projects involving financial applications including financial application upgrades, automating processes, and selection/implementation of new products, including integration with current systems.
- Carry a long-term vision of implementing automated solutions resulting in increased productivity, improved efficiencies and cost-savings.
- Provide input and recommendations for performance optimization of financial systems, data integrity, and resolution of problems or issues related to financial applications.
- Assume additional responsibilities as requested.
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting, Business Administration or Computer Science.
- 10+ years of experience in legal financial system applications and databases.
- Detailed knowledge of Elite 3E, Chrome River, EFR, Intapp Time, Proforma Tracker and other third-party systems used in conjunction with Elite 3E extremely important.
- Possess excellent verbal and written communication skills with an ability to influence others.
- Ability to function in a fast-paced, service-oriented environment, prioritize multiple projects on a daily basis and adjust to shifting priorities.
- Strong planning, project management and organizational skills.
- Strong sense of urgency.
- Facility analyzing, working with and presenting data.
- Ability to collaborate and gain the respect, trust, and confidence of the Firm’s attorneys and professional staff.
- Possess a “hands-on” tactical approach.
- Creative and proactive approach to problem solving.
- Facilitate teamwork and identify opportunities to develop new processes/infrastructure.
- Demonstrated ability to grasp and implement new concepts quickly.
- Strong analytical abilities, resourcefulness, and attention to detail.
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team with a proactive and positive style that fosters collaborative working relationships.
- Outstanding sense of customer service.
- Deep personal commitment to integrity, excellent judgment and the highest standards of ethics.
- Must display the highest level of diplomacy, tact and discretion, with comfort in handling and maintaining confidential information.
- Excellent computer skills, including proficiency in using Microsoft Excel, Word, Outlook, PowerPoint and Power BI.