General Purpose of this Position:
- Perform financial analysis for firm engagements including creating cash flow programs for M&A transactions, as well as financial research on bankruptcy matters. Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Perform initial analysis over bookkeeping of businesses that have filed for Chapter 11 Bankruptcy
- Provide technical accounting guidance and analysis for various matters including M&A transactions,
- Bankruptcy matters and other areas of the firm.
- Assist Attorneys with deal workbooks and provide financial expertise within those matters.
- Enter time on Client matters when requested.
- Assist in the annual budgeting process
- Assist with the monthly budget to actual analysis
- Prepare Firm financial analyses as needed
- Evolve current revenue forecasting and work with BD and Legal Operations
Required Skills and Abilities:
- Knowledge in Accounting systems
- Expert knowledge in US GAAP and Cash Basis Accounting
- Expert knowledge of Quickbook and MS Office
- Proficient experience in auditing standards
- Proficient knowledge of financial analysis and Business Intelligence
- Ability to multi-task and prioritize
- Ability to organize work flow and use time efficiently
- Ability to show strong attention to detail
- Ability to perform at high levels in a fast paced ever-changing work environment and successfully adapt to changing priorities and work demands
- Ability to work with minimum direction and with initiative
- Must communicate effectively in oral and written form
- Work well in a team environment
Required Technical and Computer Software Skills:
- Holds a proficient level of knowledge of Accounting Processes
- Utilizes computerized accounting software to perform duties and responsibilities.
- Proficient knowledge of accounting systems. Required Education and Experience: Accounting/Finance College Degree
- MBA preferred or equivalent on the job training
Disclaimer and Acknowledgement:
This job description in no way states or implies that these are the only duties to be performed by the employee(s) incumbent in this position. Employee(s) will be required to follow any other job-related instructions and to perform any other job-related duties requested by any person authorized to give instructions or assignments. A review of this position has excluded the marginal functions of the position that are incidental to the performance of fundamental job duties. All duties and responsibilities are essential job functions and requirements and are subject to possible modification to reasonably accommodate individuals with disabilities. To perform this job successfully, the incumbent(s) will possess the skills, aptitudes, and abilities to perform each duty proficiently. Some requirements will exclude individuals who may pose a direct threat or significant risk to the health or safety of themselves or others. The requirements listed in this document are the minimum levels of knowledge, skills, or abilities. Nothing in this job description restricts management’s right to assign or reassign duties in this job description at any time for any reason.
While performing the duties of this position, the employee is regularly required to remain in a stationary position or sit for prolonged periods and repeat motions that may include the wrists, hands and/or fingers. The employee is occasionally required to stand and stoop, kneel, or crouch. The employee is frequently required to perform light work that includes