Financial Analyst – Accounting
Financial Analyst – Accounting
Our client has an opening for a Financial Analyst.
The Financial Analyst supports the Firm’s Account Reconciliations and reporting needs to ensure accurate and reliable financial information is provided to management for decision making and planning.
In this capacity, the Financial Analyst will:
- Prepare and analyze bank reconciliations and/or trust accounts;
- Analyze and reconcile general ledger accounts;
- Produce both ad-hoc and preconfigured reports from various financial systems and business intelligence applications;
- Perform detailed analysis using reports and metrics to verify data and ensure that financial information is accurate;
- Promptly and accurately respond to email requests received;
- Prepare general ledger reports and metrics in accordance with the department’s best practices and confidentiality requirements;
- Manage recurring deliverables in accordance with agreed upon specifications and set deadlines;
- Perform standard queries against financial database, import into Excel or other programs and manipulate as necessary for display and distribution;
- Maintain and update procedural documentation and instructions, include chart of accounts; and
- Maintain strict confidentiality of business systems data.
The Financial Analyst may also be responsible for the following:
- Assist other departments in furnishing financial information and financial reports; research and respond to queries regarding items in question;
- Assist in producing monthly and year-end schedules, analysis and other reconciliations as required;
- Work overtime as required, in particular at month-end and year-end; and
- Handle additional tasks and projects as assigned.
- Advanced-level proficiency in MS Excel and MS Office;
- Experience with 3E accounting software or similar programs;
- Experience working in a Law Firm (strongly preferred);
- Knowledge of general accounting principles and general ledger;
- Capability to learn and follow Firm and practice-area-specific procedures and terminology; and
- Effective verbal and written communication skills.
- A Bachelor’s degree with an emphasis in accounting (preferred);
- At least 2 years’ of work experience in a professional services environment (required); Law firm experience (preferred); and
- 2 years of accounting experience (preferred).
Employees will be provided with an excellent career opportunity in a collaborative environment, in addition to a generous total compensation package with the opportunity to earn bonuses based on individual contribution and firm profitability.
The salary wage range that they expect to pay for this position is a minimum of $71,000 and a maximum of $100,000 annually. The actual pay wage may vary based on experience or other relevant factors.
Eligible employees can participate in the Firm’s comprehensive benefits program, which include the following:
- Medical, Dental, Vision, Life/AD&D, Long Term Care, and Short and Long Term Disability
- Flexible Spending Account and Health Savings Account
- Healthcare Concierge and Advocacy
- Voluntary 401k Plan and Profit Sharing
- 10 Paid Holidays per year and a generous PTO program
- Family Support including Pediatric Mental Health and Parental Support, Paid Parental Leave, Fertility Benefits, and Breast Milk Shipping
- Back-up Child Care, Elder Care, and Tutoring
- Wellness Programs (Employee Assistance Program, Mental Health, and Well-Being Events)
- Retirement Plan Consulting
- Anniversary Bonus Program
- Professional Development Programs
- Transportation Allowance and Commuter Benefits
- International Travel Insurance
- Auto/Home/Legal Insurance
- Pet Insurance
- Employee discounts
- And more!