Enterprise Applications Portfolio Manager
Enterprise Applications Portfolio Manager
Summary: The Enterprise Applications Portfolio Manager is responsible for overseeing a team of developers to architect, design, build, maintain, and support all aspects of the Firm’s enterprise IT applications suite worldwide. This includes solutions that promote Firm-wide productivity, efficiency, content management, and collaboration. The Firm’s users expect technology solutions to be reliable, easy to use, secure, and efficient. Since some of these requirements can often conflict with one another, it is the responsibility of the Enterprise Applications Portfolio Manager to evaluate each of these factors and strike the necessary balance to deliver solutions that delivers an optimal experience for the end user, without making compromises that add unacceptable risks to the Firm. To accomplish this objective, the Enterprise Applications Portfolio Manager develops a roadmap in close partnership with IT and cross-functional stakeholders, and continually adapts it to accommodate the changing needs of the Firm. The role requires an individual with the skills to think both strategically for the long term and tactically to handle the daily operational needs of the Firm, while fostering a high-performing team culture. The Enterprise Applications Portfolio Manager assesses relative priorities of projects, deploys (and possibly diverts) the appropriate resources as needed, and apprises the leadership team of any risks that may result from a delay in executing projects and other operational activities to uphold gold-standard service.
- College degree required, preferably in Computer Science, Information Systems, or a related technical field
- Certification in select Microsoft Cloud services is preferable.
- 7-10 years management experience in information systems, with extensive work in a large firm setting, a comparable professional services organization, or a legal information services provider.
- Substantial experience in the design and architecture of enterprise productivity, collaboration, and analytics solutions, preferably with strong expertise in the Microsoft 365 suite of applications.
- Substantial experience with cloud ecosystems incorporating Microsoft 365 applications and solutions across platforms and devices.
- Substantial experience leading Content and Document Management System (DMS) design, implementation, and support, preferably with iManage (Work 10) expertise.
- Strong background in integrating third- party systems and custom-built solutions.
- Demonstrated experience improving the user experience, preferably in a professional services firm.
- Experience with software development methodologies and frameworks (e.g., waterfall, agile).
- Experience in deploying applications and software to a community of non-technical office workers and professionals.
- Functional knowledge of relevant tools, programming techniques, and cloud computing.
- Substantial experience in information systems management, including planning, budgeting, and implementing system integration projects
- Master’s degree in a technical or business discipline is preferred.
- Extensive experience in developing and motivating technical professionals.
- Demonstrated ability to serve as a change agent, leading and inspiring others to act, especially under circumstances when change is unpopular.
- Strong communications and interpersonal skills required.
- Must be highly motivated, analytical, organized, and efficient.
- Excellent problem solving and debugging skills required.
- Ability to work well as part of a team and lead others.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Leads the end-to-end management of the Firm’s enterprise applications, inclusive of strategic planning through to operational support and maintenance.
- Delivers enterprise IT application solutions to lawyers and staff to enable improved collaboration, content and matter management, productivity, and effectiveness.
- Proactively consults with cross-functional stakeholders to translate Firm needs into solution roadmaps which are socialized and aligned to broader IT and Firm strategic priorities.
- Manages technology operations to function smoothly and economically with primary emphasis on business effectiveness, availability, stability, and reliability.
- Oversees, develops, and motivates a team of technical professionals.
- Facilitates teamwork with technology personnel, vendors, and integrators in the delivery of systems and integrated software applications.
- Anticipates needs and provide cost-effective application solutions Firm-wide.
- Recommends long-range and annual technology plans.
- Designs an enterprise IT application architecture that enhances internal and external collaboration.
- Leads continuous process development and improvement of enterprise application solutions.
- Develops measures and plans to continuously improve the user experience.
- Develops and executes delivery plans in close coordination with technical and non-technical stakeholders to achieve desired timelines as systems and programs are selected, purchased, installed, and/or further developed.
- Recommends and implements best practices, processes, and procedures related to all aspects of application development.
- Stays current on trends and issues in the broader marketplace, including current and emerging technologies.
- Proactively applies quality management, change control, risk mitigation, and customer satisfaction control procedures.
- Assists with the design, testing, and implementation of disaster recovery and business continuity plans, procedures, audits, and enhancements.
- Promotes and provides unparalleled customer service to our lawyers, staff, and clients.
- Communicates complex system information and ideas effectively and efficiently to lawyers, managers, and staff.
- Performs other duties as assigned.