End User Computing Engineer
End User Computing Engineer
Summary: The End User Computing Engineer is part of a team that is responsible for architecting, designing, building, maintaining, and supporting the Firm’s computer workstation environments worldwide. These environments include laywer and staff laptops, desktops, systems running in common areas (conference rooms and kiosks), virtual desktops, and emerging technologies that the Firm may be interested in evaluating and deploying in the future. With the objective of delivering a technology experience that is reliable, easy to use, secure, and efficient, the End User Computing Engineer ensures the smooth operation and integration of standard business software on the Firm’s workstations and virtual environments across all offices. This requires participation in strategic planning for desktop applications and tools, along with management of appropriate application release levels, testing and deployment of security updates, and escalation support for troubleshooting software integration issues for the Firm’s staff.
- College degree required, preferably in computer science, information systems, or a related technical discipline.
- Microsoft Certified IT Professional preferred.
- CompTIA A+ certification preferred.
- A minimum of 3 years of relevant work experience, with a preference for extensive work in a large firm setting, a professional services organization, or a legal information services provider.
- Applied experience with scripting languages (Powershell, VB, etc.) to automate end-user computing functions
- Experience with workstation software, operating systems, including Windows 10, Microsoft Office and Office Add-ins, Adobe, etc.
- Experience with Microsoft Server 2019and MECM platforms, devices, and networking.
- Experience with installing, maintaining, troubleshooting, and using Windows operating systems.
- Experience with end-user computing products, systems, and protocols such as Windows desktop installation, configuration, and management, including user profiles.
- Experience with providing Windows technical support to users.
- Experience with providing operating system support, managing network connectivity, and performing performance troubleshooting.
- Experience supporting virtual desktops in a VMWare / VDI environment.
- Experience with firewalls and security- related issues.
- Experience with Microsoft Active Directory.
- Working knowledge of data communications, network planning, and analysis.
- Strong communications and interpersonal skills required.
- Ability to effectively communicate and interact with a wide range of users with levels of technical expertise.
- Attention to detail and accountable for delivering quality work.
- Must be highly motivated, analytical, organized, and efficient.
- Excellent problem solving, design, coding, and debugging skills required.
- Ability to work well independently, as well as part of a team.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Provides technical support for all computer and user-
- related needs, including troubleshooting desktop support issues, coordinating software installations, and upgrades.
- Assists in providing computer support relating to software problems reported by users.
- Analyzes applications, network, and system operations and efficiency to support Firm functions and deliverables.
- Automate end-user computing functions using scripting tools.
- Assigns application access, manages security roles, and ensures that configurations are within standards.
- Monitors and reports on compliance with application licenses to ensure compliance with licensing requirements.
- Monitor service desk ticketing system (e.g. ServiceNow) and research/resolve/close user incidents within predefined SLA’s.
- Supports Firm needs related to word processing, document management, portable document format (PDF) creation, document comparison, and legal research tools.
- Assists with testing new and different software and hardware applications to analyze viability for system enhancements to meet the Firm’s business requirements.
- Keeps current on new developments and techniques in information technology to stay abreast of the changing technology landscape.
- Assists with creating, managing, and implementing Active Directory group policies.
- Coordinates installation/de-installation and updates / alterations of business systems and devices to ensure clear communication across software, applications, and hardware over a variety of networks.
- Assists with evaluating security software and ensures that desktop applications remain stable to perform within acceptable limits.
- Deploys operating systems and applications to all Firm workstations and devices.
- Leads the development of strategic procedures, upgrades, and OS images.
- Acts as a liaison with other IT support team member to resolve requests / issues in a timely manner and ensure proper documentation, notification, escalation tracking, and follow-up of all incidents and requests.
- Configures and maintains back-ups of all computer systems.
- Proactively monitors the performance of application software and makes approved changes to improve efficiency and effectiveness of all applications.
- Collaborates with Help Desk team members to identify common themes and seeks opportunities for continuous improvement.