Diversity and Inclusion Coordinator
The D&I Coordinator provides professional support to the D&I Department for all Firm diversity initiatives, including, but not limited to, programming, data management and analysis, internal and external client interface, diversity & inclusion (D&I) industry trends, D&I learning, event logistics, and administrative support.
The position will report to the D&I Manager and work closely with the Chief Diversity & Inclusion Officer (CDIO), D&I Co-Chairs, D&I Director, Affinity Group leaders, other members of the D&I Department, and additional key stakeholders including leaders in the Marketing and Business Development department.
Focus of lead responsibilities will change from time to time. Under the leadership of the D&I Manager:
Duties & Responsibilities
- Serve as the primary point of contact for all department requests and provide cross-team support for a variety of tasks related to events, data management, data analysis, communications, learning, and administrative tasks as assigned.
- Assist in implementing tasks outlined in the Firm's D&I Strategic Action Plan, including tracking progress and implementation to achieve D&I goals, and preparing related reports.
- Serve as Department point of contact with other Firm Departments including Legal Recruiting, Professional Development (PD), Accounting, HRIS, HR, Business Development, IT and Marketing.
- Coordinate office visits for CDIO and Director, including onsite meetings.
- Oversee general Diversity & Inclusion mailbox and ensure that all requests are responded to in a timely manner. Uses judgment to escalate requests to other team members, providing background and suggested solutions. Responsible for confirming all inquiries are successfully completed and filing completed threads in an organized and logical manner.
- Schedule internal and external meetings and manage all logistics, including securing the location(s), confirming the invite and final attendee lists, ordering food/beverages, securing hybrid connections (e.g., Zoom, Teams), developing and finalizing agendas, and communicating with organizers in timely manner to discuss any attendance challenges.
- Oversee project expenditures, prepare and analyze reports, and prepare the annual project budgets in consultation with the D&I Manager, CDIO, and Director of Diversity & Inclusion.
- Process sponsorship and other expenditures and maintain records of past requests and relationships; assist in maximizing firm’s utilization of benefits.
- Submit all department invoices into the preferred internal system and flag issues with processing payments.
- Coordinate timely outreach twice monthly to new attorneys and staff to invite them to join firm Affinity Groups and Women’s Forum.
- Support D+I programming, Affinity Group programs, learning programs, D&I eLearning library and related mandatory learning assignments.
- Coordinate with D&I Director and Professional Development Department on selection of attorney attendance at D&I conferences. Communicate with conference attendees in advance of attendance and serve as department resource for attendee questions. Maintain related D&I event tracker and process invoices.
- Maintain the D&I department contacts internal SharePoint page.
- Monitor current diversity trends, articles, reports and benchmarks used in the legal industry, financial sector and comparable professions.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Minimum of 2 years of relevant experience, preferably in corporate (professional services) or law firm environment(s).
- Bachelor’s degree preferred.
- Strong oral and written communication skills.
- Cross-cultural skills and awareness.
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment and still excel.
- High level of proficiency with data management, analysis and reporting.
- Superior judgment and ability to deal discreetly with confidential information.
- Ability to interact well and build professional relationships with a collaborative approach to working with all levels and departments.
- Ability to self-direct, manage multiple priorities, analyze needs and implement solutions.
- Strong administrative and organizational skills and attention to detail for both long and short-term projects and responsibilities.
- Proficiency in Excel, project management tools (i.e., Asana), iManage, and Microsoft Office products, including MS Word, Power Point, Teams and Excel.
- Must be flexible to adjust hours to meet departmental needs.