Conflicts & Intake Specialist
Conflicts & Intake Specialist
The Conflicts and Intake Specialist will review new business intake forms and identify conflicts in order to ensure accuracy, including verifying information, conducting research, and communicating with all levels of personnel of the Firm in order to ensure accurate conflict clearance. Additionally, the Conflicts and Intake Specialist will maintain internal conflicts database and ensure proper and accurate documentation of legal and business conflicts.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS AND JOB RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Work closely with the Conflicts team and Accounting personnel to follow-up on conflicts searches that require additional investigation. Inform the Conflicts/Records and Accounting Departments on the progress of the investigation and the status of the file opening form.
- Performs the investigation and analysis on any conflict searches that were not cleared by Records Department personnel. This investigation may consist of any or all of the following activities: review of existing client files; review of LMS search results and/or reports; consultations with attorneys and/or Ethics Committee members.
- Follow up with attorneys via email and voice-mail reminders to obtain approved client/matter intake forms, file memos, disclosures and signed waiver letters that will document that a conflict has been cleared or confirmed. Travels to other firm offices when appropriate
- Acts as liaison between attorneys and Ethics Committee members for disposition of disputed file opening forms, waiver letters and disclosures.
- Maintains an accurate file of all written documentation that illustrates that the conflict has been cleared or confirmed.
- Maintains an Excel spreadsheet that accurately tracks the paper trail and secured approvals that will clear or confirm the conflict. Provides weekly status reports to Conflicts/Records/Accounting personnel as to the investigation of any disputed conflict searches.
- Responds to telephone and e-mail inquiries as to current status of each disputed file opening form.
- Verifies the entry of conflict information into the automated system when names of parties are inadvertently discovered through miscellaneous means.
- Verifies the completeness of the conflicts database and that all "rush" conflict emails that bypass the automated conflicts database are accurately entered.
- Reviews daily the New Business Report to verify that potential conflicts have been cleared prior to the opening of a file.
- Reviews and maintains a supply of Firm approved forms, instructions and sample letters, waivers and disclosures.
QUALIFICATIONS AND REQUIREMENTS
- 2 to 3 years of experience working within a conflicts department
- Four year college degree is preferred.
- Previous work experience in a law firm environment preferably working with conflicts data.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills.
- Ability to interface with all levels of firm personnel.
- Proficient in Excel and Word and at least one database application.
- Self-starter, who is detail-oriented and has the ability to follow-up to complete tasks with little supervision.
- Flexibility to travel to other firm offices on short notice
Physical Demands of Position
Work is performed in a professional office environment and requires the following during the work day:
- Must be able to remain in a stationary position for long periods of time (working at a computer)
- Repetitive movement (i.e. heavy computer/keyboard use).
- Individual will interact regularly with others verbally, in-person, and via written communication.
- May require occasional light lifting (files, copy paper, etc.).
In addition to the essential functions outlined above:
- Individual in this position will provide additional assistance and support as directed by their supervisor.
- This job description is subject to change at any time.
The expected salary range for this position is between $60,000 and $80,000. The actual base salary offered will depend upon a variety of factors, including without limitation, the qualifications of the individual applicant for the position, years of relevant experience, level of education attained, certifications or other professional licenses held, and if applicable, the location in which the applicant lives and/or from which they will be performing the job.