Conflicts & Compliance Analyst
Conflicts & Compliance Analyst
You will be responsible for assisting partners and other members of the firm with the new business inception process in line with legislation, case law, and regulatory requirements for a variety of jurisdictions. This will include conflicts of interest, anti-money laundering processes for new and existing clients, on-going client monitoring, sanctions checks, and other risk management procedures.
You will be part of the global BAU Team, reporting regionally to the Head of BAU, North America. The BAU Team consists of a Global Head; a North American Regional Head; Team Leaders; Conflicts Counsel; and Conflicts and Compliance Administrators, Assistants, Analysts, and Senior Analysts.
- Reviewing Intapp Open request forms, including but not limited to new client and matter forms, initial conflicts checks only, and client/matter changes, ensuring satisfactory details are provided by the Case Handlers and querying instances where information is either incomplete or unclear.
- Analyzing the new client and/or new matter to determine the risks associated with the instruction.
- Conducting conflicts checks using the firm's conflicts database, paying close attention to sensitive entries in the firm's Black Book warning file database.
- Analyzing conflict search results and liaising with Partners/Case Handlers on the matters that may present conflicts of interest. Obtaining relevant information on the matter, if required, in order to make a judgement call on whether a conflict or potential conflict is present.
- Escalating conflicts issues as appropriate with clear analysis of the conflict and the conclusions reached so far.
- Proactively following up when seeking information or conflict resolution from other stakeholders around the firm.
- Maintaining and updating the conflict search database as key information becomes apparent on existing matters.
- Assisting in the research and implementation of ethical walls/information barriers. Working with the Risk Team as needed, safeguarding confidentiality at all times for the involved teams.
- Supporting the high volume business on matter inception, ensuring that conflict checks are carried out in a timely manner.
- Recording all conflict research, communication with stakeholders, and analysis and conclusion of the conflict resolution in the firm's client and matter inception software, for the purposes of compliance and auditing.
- Researching, identifying and verifying new clients by using online data providers and any other online resources.
- Analysing and establishing the corporate structure for clients where relevant and tracing up to the ultimate beneficial owners.
- Advising Case Handlers on further details that are required from the client in the event that information is not available in the public domain or documentation is required on identified individuals.
- Researching and identifying PEPs and high risk clients by creating an online profile.
- Attributing a risk rating to the client and escalating the client where a decision needs to be made upon analysis of documentation and risk.
- Seeking sign off from MLRO's and Risk Partners when required and advising the Case Handlers on any steps that need to be taken to mitigate the risks associated with the client.
- Assisting in the on-going monitoring for existing clients and updating Client Due Diligence for existing clients.
- Recording all AML documentation, communication and risk rating in the Client Risk Assessment section of the client and matter inception software, with a clear synopsis of how the client rating has been attributed, stating any mitigating factors and follow up steps that need to be taken by the BAU or Case Handlers.
- Maintaining technical knowledge, expertise and know how on the nature of the work each department undertakes in the Firm, conflicts, AML, and sanctions.
- Screening all clients and matters for sanctions and escalating any adverse findings to the Risk Team and Sanctions Partners.
- Carrying out the conflict checking and client on-boarding process for lateral hires.
- Supporting junior members of the BAU Team on queries and training.
- Answering queries from around the firm on the BAU helpline and through the BAU email inbox and escalating urgent queries to the appropriate individual within the department.
- Assisting on the execution of projects as and when they arise.
- Knowledge of conflicts of interests rules and software.
- Knowledge of anti-money laundering legislation (Desirable).
- Strong MS Office.
- Meticulous attention to detail.
- Strong customer focus.
- Excellent communication skills.
- Degree or other relevant qualifications.
- Experience using Elite Enterprise or similar management systems (Desirable)
- Strategic thinker with commercial awareness.
- Service orientated: Recognizing internal and external clients and the importance of service delivery.
- Ability to work as part of a team and use own initiative, manage own workload and adapt to changing priorities.
- Adaptable to new systems, procedures, and requirements of role.
- Flexible approach: Willing to assist others in achieving team objectives.
- Confident dealing with senior management and ensuring service levels are adhered to. Well-disciplined and self-motivated.
- Ability to work well under pressure.
- Confident and proactive approach.
- Enthusiastic and positive attitude.
Working Pattern: Your assigned office's normal working hours are 9:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m. with a one-hour lunch break. Your hours may be variable and subject to change, however, based on department need and the current state of global staffing as it relates to coverage of other regions' office hours. Overtime may be required as needed from time to time. Time off requests should be avoided in the month of April every year to the extent possible due to it being the last month of the firm's fiscal year.