Client Intake & Conflicts Specialist
Client Intake and Conflicts Specialist
Working under the direction of the Conflicts and New Business Intake Manager, the Client Intake Specialist performs conflict searches and updates and maintains accurate client and matter information in the time and billing system. The Specialist maintains contact with attorneys, staff and clients, while observing confidentiality of all client and firm matters and performs a variety of other duties according to established policies and procedures.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Performs conflict of interest searches for New Business Intake requests and potential lateral hire candidates.
- Analyzes search results and provides feedback to attorneys.
- Communicates in a professional manner with all clients and provides courteous and accurate client and interoffice support.
- Assists in all aspects of the Conflicts department operations, inclusive of administrative tasks to maintain the integrity of the Firm’s Conflicts database.
- Accurately sets up and maintains current contact and billing information for clients and matters.
- Creates and maintains matter numbers for Personal, Business Development and Shareholder Business Expense Accounts and Administrative Workspaces.
- Communicates with Records Department regarding matter closures, transfers and destruction.
- Routinely closes matters according to e-billing alert notifications and Inactive status alerts.
- Responds to all inquiries made by secretaries and attorneys relating to intake and conflicts.
- Ensures strict confidentiality at all times.
- Assists with special projects as needed.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES REQUIRED:
- Possesses a cooperative spirit; participates and collaborates in a team-based environment.
- Ability to effectively interact and communicate with attorneys, secretaries and clients.
- Demonstrates proficiency with MS Office (Outlook, Excel and Word).
- Experience with Elite 3E, Intapp Open (or equivalent conflict database / accounting software) required.
- Ability to multi-task, prioritize, organize work flow and use time efficiently.
- Ability to show strong attention to detail.
- Ability to perform at high levels in a fast paced ever-changing work environment and successfully adapt to changing priorities and work demands.
- Ability to think proactively, anticipate work needs, follow through with minimum direction, and follow up on own initiative.
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent combination of education and experience preferred.
- 3 – 5 years “hands-on” processing of new business and/or conflicts of interest required.