Business Development Specialist
Business Development Specialist
Our client is looking for a business development specialist to join their San Francisco office. This position is a combination of hybrid and in-person work. Under the direction of the Head of West Coast Business Development and the California Business Development Managers, the specialist will support a variety of marketing and business development initiatives to secure new clients, strengthen existing relationships, and increase visibility of the firm.
- Work closely with the Head of West Coast BD and CA BD Managers to support the development and execution of the California Initiative’s strategic plan.
- Provide BD support to select practices and industry groups – namely, Class Actions Litigation, Commercial Litigation, Communications & Media, and Technology.
- Coordinate and support the preparation of new business proposals and pitches, client presentations, and responses to RFPs.
- Track and maintain practice/industry group experience and representative matters for proposals, directory submissions, website updates, etc.
- Record client development activities, efforts, and results in department-wide tracking database.
- Coordinate the production and distribution of internal and external practice and industry group communications and content, including but not limited to: bulletins, client alerts, invitation lists and invitations, and marketing collateral such as brochures.
- Coordinate ranking submissions, including producing draft submissions and reference lists for manager review; tracking timelines, deadlines and researcher assignments; coordinating communications and interviews; and related efforts.
- Support the planning, execution and follow-up of firm events, including seminars, webinars, CLE programs, and social events. Tasks include organizing program logistics, preparing invitations, handout materials, and other event communications, monitoring RSVPs, and preparing post event reports. Where applicable, assist with securing CLE accreditation in advance of events, and disseminating CLE certificates to clients post-event.
- Coordinate sponsorships and related ads.
- Perform market research and collaborate with the firm’s Marketing Research Team as needed, to compile information for use with client targeting, client events and meetings, and other projects.
- Coordinate regular internal meetings, agendas, and follow-up action items.
- Assist with additional firm-wide Marketing and Business Development Department projects and responsibilities as needed.
- Timely and regular attendance, and willingness to work overtime when needed.
- Bachelor’s degree required, preferably in business, marketing, or communications.
- Minimum of two years’ experience in professional services marketing. Demonstrated background of accomplishment in marketing and business development. Previous law firm experience is highly desirable.
- Very strong attention to detail, accuracy and organization – must be able to work in a thorough, diligent, and proactive manner.
- Strong time and project management skills; ability to prioritize and work within tight deadlines.
- Strong written and oral communication skills.
- Excellent interpersonal skills, and the ability to work effectively with all levels of personnel within the organization.
- Highly motivated, with demonstrated creativity, initiative, and ability to work collaboratively.
- Experience with technology and software for marketing, including the MS Office Suite (i.e., Word, PowerPoint, Excel, Outlook), document management systems (iManage), CRM (especially Salesforce platform), marketing research resources (such as Capital IQ, Monitor Suite, etc.), and other marketing applications.
Salary range: $73,800 – $109,500