Business Development Specialist
Business Development Specialist
Job Description Summary:
Our client is seeking a Business Development Specialist who will provide proactive business development support to Corporate Partners in their Startup, Capital Markets, and M&A Practices. This position can be based in the Silicon Valley (CA), San Francisco (CA), Santa Monica (CA), or Seattle (WA) offices.
- Prepare research and marketing/sales materials for meetings with prospective clients
- Assist in responding to proposal opportunities
- Assist in completing postmortems on lost pitches
- Supervise data entry of pre and post pitch activities to CRM database
- Maintain updates to marketing client lists, experience management database and pitch templates
- Coordinate with various groups of people, internal and external, to schedule business development, networking, and other related activities and meetings
- Evaluate the quality of various entrepreneurial events/organizations to help focus partners’ efforts on such events/organizations
- Attend and secure speaking engagements at such events and coordinate with partners attending in developing/evaluating leads on quality start-ups
- Assist events team with local event pre-planning and production
- Assist partners with screening of certain unfunded start-up opportunities
- Support Senior Business Development Manager in referrals of clients seeking
- funding (both funded and unfunded) to VC contacts
- Manage and help maintain a database of current clients, prospective clients, referrals, marketing and sales activities
- Support partners in the management of their contact networks, including staying top-of-mind with key contacts and tracking and organizing the partners’ ongoing efforts
- Directly participate in and train administrative assistants on social media (including Twitter and LinkedIn) to support partner reputation building and directing targeted communications to individuals and various network groups
- Draft introductions, gratitude letters, reminders, confirmations, and other correspondence and emails
- Act as an accountability resource for the partners to help them achieve the networking goals they set for themselves
Desired Skills and Qualifications:
- Impeccable written and verbal communication skills and ability to effectively communicate with all levels of personnel at the firm
- Intermediate to advanced social networking skills
- Exceptional search and research skills, including data gathering and reporting skills
- Proficient in data entry
- Understanding of technology industries (software, mobile, life sciences, cleantech, etc.) and startup ecosystem
- Understanding of the legal industry, especially large law firm practices and sales cycles
- Experience with Salesforce or other CRM platforms
- Highly proficient in MS Office Suite: Word, Outlook, PowerPoint, SharePoint and Excel
The ideal candidate will have 5+ years of experience in a business development capacity and will have account management and/or customer relationship management experience. Bachelor’s degree required; MBA or JD preferred.
Benefits and Compensation Details:
They believe that their partners and employees are their most important asset. Helping you and your families achieve and maintain good health – physical, emotional, and financial – is the reason they offer a comprehensive benefit program. They provide benefits to eligible employees under plans such as Healthcare, Life Insurance, Health Savings Accounts, Flexible Spending Accounts, and Wellbeing.
The anticipated range for this position is:
$84,000 – $114,000
Depending on the role, the actual base salary offered may depend upon a variety of factors, including without limitation, the qualifications of the individual applicant for the position, years of relevant experience, level of education attained, certifications or other professional licenses held, and if applicable, the location in which the applicant lives and/or from which they will be performing the job.
A discretionary bonus for eligible employees may also be available based on performance. Additional information about employee eligibility for benefits and discretionary bonus will be made available upon request.