Business Development and Marketing Specialist
BD and Marketing Specialist
Our client has an opening for the Business Development and Marketing Specialist responsible for assisting with the Firm’s business development efforts, including preparation, submission and tracking of proposals and new business pitches, and working with the business development manager(s) on associate coaching and other BD efforts. This role is non-exempt and offers the flexibility to work remotely 2 days a week.
- Assist in implementing business development activities for the Firm to retain and expand their services for existing clients and to acquire new clients.
- Assist with CRM management and business development activity reporting.
- Update and use CRM to create lists, reports, and analyze attorney client and prospect connections.
- Provide ideas, guidance, and support to attorneys for the development of materials, collateral and PowerPoint presentations.
- Collaborate with managers and attorneys regarding materials for proposals, events, and other BD activities.
- Implement and execute routine social media and website posts and updates.
- Draft and revise attorney biographies, news announcements and awards/directory submissions.
- Assist when needed in the oversight, quality control, planning logistics, and execution of the Firm’s business development events and activities.
- Primary liaison with external event partners and co-presenting organizations, conference organizers, external venues, caterers, and other vendors.
- Ensure compliance with budgets for BD activities including events, dinners, and conferences.
- Collaborate as needed to fellow members of the Business Development and Marketing team.
- Assume additional responsibilities as assigned in furtherance of goals and objectives
- BA/BS degree required.
- 5 years’ experience in supporting events, marketing, or business development in professional services (ideally law firm setting).
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office and CRM databases.
- Excellent interpersonal skills and professional presence including good verbal skills, tact, and diplomacy as well as the ability to interact positively with all types of people in all levels of business.
- Excellent grammar, spelling, and proofing skills for content and context.
- A high degree of organization, flexibility, and reliability to set priorities, manage multiple responsibilities, and work well under pressure.
- Ability to assume responsibility for assigned tasks and, if necessary, able to delegate workload in order to manage multiple tasks and meet deadlines.
- Ability to work collaboratively with team members as well as attorneys and business services staff throughout the Firm.
- Adaptable to last minute changes and disruptions, and able to accommodate overtime work.
- Be able to work earlier, later, or offsite to work at Firm events.
- Accept and perform well when given more independent tasks.
- Retain, implement, and continually learn the necessary skills to perform job duties.
- Keep informed of the trends and changes for the marketing of legal services.