Our client, one of the world’s leading and largest intellectual property law firms, is seeking a Billing Specialist. The Billing Specialist is responsible for distributing and sorting appropriate billing reports, editing attorney time entries, and preparing invoices for selected attorneys. Additionally, the individual will identify, communicate, and resolve billing discrepancies.
- Utilizes knowledge of law firm billing (and the patent process for demand billers) for the preparation and distribution of draft and final Detailed Billing Reports and client bills/invoices
- Ability to identify, research and follow-up on client/vendor rejections
- Identifies billing discrepancies and refers to appropriate firm leadership as necessary
- Proactively manages monthly workflow allocation to ensure completion at month’s end by coordinating workflow with secretaries and attorneys minimizing bottlenecks; notifies management of problems early enough in process to allow for corrective action
- Appropriately administers firm’s write off procedures
- Effectively works with the Collections Specialists as necessary to help resolve outstanding issues and reissuance of invoices
- Effectively utilizes knowledge of client guidelines, electronic billing systems and Bill Blast to successfully submit client invoices
- Demonstrates understanding of e-billing systems, processes and procedures
- Demonstrates appropriate and timely follow-up on rejected invoices (tier 1)
- Demonstrates timely and accurate completion of related e-billing reports
- Demonstrates the ability to follow-up in a timely manner with Management, Billing Attorneys, secretarial staff and/or the client contacts when rejections need additional attention for resolution
Knowledge, Skills, & Abilities
- Associate degree required; Bachelor’s Degree preferred in a business-related field of study.
- A minimum of 5 years law firm billing experience required.
- A minimum of 3 years Aderant accounting software required
- Familiarity with various e-billing software vendors, such as Serengeti, Collaborati, Passport, BillingPoint, CounselLink and Bill Blast is a plus