Billing Coordinator (CA)
Our client is actively seeking a Billing Coordinator to join their California team. This is a non-exempt position that reports to the Assistant Director of Billing and Collections.
- Responsible for managing portfolio of client billing, providing status reports to management and lawyers as needed.
- Understand and comply with individual client billing guidelines.
- Proactively monitor E-billing progress, including status reporting.
- Revise and resubmit short-paid and rejected invoices.
- Responsible for the analysis, coordination, and resolution of billing issues, including ensuring appropriate communications with involved parties is consistently maintained.
- Ability to understand, communicate, and explain complex billing arrangements with/to senior lawyers and management.
- Process client bills (making/confirming appropriate edits to drafts).
- Review finalized invoices for quality.
- Ensure monthly billing is completed by Firm deadlines.
- Assist billing lawyers with client requests including budgets, special requests, and various client reports.
- Utilize accounting tools for tracking client specifics
- Participate in the customer support process.
- A four-year college degree is preferred, with a minimum of two years’ experience in a finance, accounting, or billing role.
- Must have strong technology skills, including MS Office Suite and an ability to leverage technology in work processes.
- Utilize accounting tools for tracking client specifics and for reporting.
- Position requires outstanding written and verbal communication skills, excellent organizational skills, and the ability to strategize, multi-task, and prioritize.
- An exemplary customer service mindset, be highly motivated, and enjoy a team-oriented atmosphere.
- Must have a commitment to proactive communication and exceptional follow-through skills.
- Must be very flexible, self-motivated, and highly committed to quality, customer service, teamwork, and supporting Firm and department goals in a fast-paced environment.
- You must be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 by your hire date to be eligible for starting in the role. Proof of vaccination will be required. The firm will provide reasonable accommodation(s) based on medical or religious grounds for qualified candidates.
The salary range for this position is between $65,300 and $93,000. The actual base salary offered will depend upon a variety of factors, including without limitation, the qualifications of the individual applicant for the position, years of relevant experience, level of education attained, certifications or other professional licenses held, and if applicable, the location in which the applicant lives and/or from which they will be performing the job.