Under direct supervision of the Billing Manager, the Billing Coordinator compiles, manages, and executes attorney billing. May also perform a variety of other accounting and bookkeeping duties according to established policies and procedures. Maintains contact with attorneys, staff, vendors and clients and observes confidentiality of client and Firm matters.
Essential Functions and Responsibilities:
- Compiles and bills attorney hours to clients every month.
- Reviews and edits pre-bills in response to attorney and secretary requests.
- Apply retainer funds as directed by attorney.
- Process write-offs following Firm policy.
- Ability to execute complex bills in a timely manner.
- Ability to handle a high volume of bills per month.
- Ability to effectively interact and communicate with attorneys, secretaries, and clients.
- Review and verify accuracy of billing and supporting documentation as required.
- Research and respond to inquiries regarding billing issues and problems.
- Create new billing formats, as needed.
- Create billing schedules and various other billing analyses, as required.
- Creates and prints final client billing.
- Creates and distributes monthly reports.
- Is familiar with and applies Firm billing policies.
- Utilizes computerized accounting and payables software programs to perform duties and responsibilities.
- Operates office equipment, including personal computer, copiers, and fax machines.
- Ensures strict confidentiality at all times.
- Assists with special projects as needed.
Knowledge and Skills Required:
- Ability to multi-task and prioritize
- Organization and time management
- Strong attention to detail
- Ability to successfully perform in a fast paced work environment, while adapting to changing priorities and work demands
- Proactive mentality
- A minimum of 4 to 6 years of experience working in a billing department at a law firm
- Electronic invoice submission experience o Experience with the Elite Enterprise billing system is preferred.
- Proficiency within Microsoft Office
PHYSICAL DEMANDS OF POSITION
- Work is performed in a professional office environment and requires the following during the work day:
- Must be able to remain in a stationary position for long periods of time (working at a computer) Repetitive movement (i.e. heavy computer/keyboard use).
- Individual will interact regularly with others verbally, in-person, and via written communication.
- May require occasional light lifting (files, copy paper, etc.).
In addition to the essential functions outlined above:
- Individual in this position will provide additional assistance and support as directed by their supervisor.
- Job may require occasional travel to the firm’s other offices and for external events
- This role may require varied hours; possibly working weekends or during the evening.
- This job description is subject to change at any time.
Our client is an Equal Opportunity Employer. They value diversity, seek qualified applicants and make personnel decisions without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, national origin, age, disability, marital or veteran status, citizenship, gender identity or expression, or any other legally protected status.
The salary range for this position is between $60,000 and $70,000. The actual base salary offered will depend upon a variety of factors, including without limitation, the qualifications of the individual applicant for the position, years of relevant experience, level of education attained, certifications or other professional licenses held, and if applicable, the location in which the applicant lives and/or from which they will be performing the job.