Alumni and Community Engagement Manager
Alumni and Community Engagement Manager
The Alumni and Community Engagement Manager is a highly visible, client-facing role that will be responsible for developing, supporting, driving and executing the vision and strategy of the alumni and community engagement programs. The Manager will take the lead assessing current programs, recommending improvements, and creating and executing an effective strategy, while also leading day-to-day support. The Manager will work internally with all levels of the firm and coordinate externally with MTO alumni and various community/industry groups.
- Develop and implement an active alumni program, managing the strategy and infrastructure necessary to support communications and events for a discerning alumni group.
- Maintain a high level of interaction with external constituents and play a leading role in building alumni engagement and overall support.
- Analyze and evaluate current and potential alumni-facing initiatives, and make adjustments as needed to maximize participation and value.
- Plan and execute focused activities (e.g., MTO Alumni Network Newsletter, networking events, office activities and external community gatherings) that align with the cultural, attorney development and business development goals of the MTO Alumni program.
- Oversee implementation and maintenance of the MTO alumni contact database.
- Work with the Marketing team to develop and execute an internal and external communications plan that builds alumni brand recognition, including newsletters, spotlight interviews, thought leadership pieces, speaking opportunities and social media outreach.
- Work with the Recruiting and Attorney Development teams to manage the integration of departing attorneys into the alumni program, and support career placement opportunities, including helping to fill client openings.
Community Engagement/MTO Foundation
- Manage routine operations and marketing deliverables for the MTO Foundation, a non-profit public benefit corporation funded by contributions from the firm’s partners. This will include working with graphics to develop sponsorship ads, filling tables at events, tracking attendance and determining ROI of each event.
- Analyze and evaluate current MTO Foundation donations, sponsorships and other activities, and advise the Foundation committee on potential adjustments to increase value to the firm.
- Ensure donations comply with all federal, state, and local requirements, and meet the Foundation’s giving guidelines.
- Manage and respond to funding inquiries, and manage the annual budget and record of giving.
- Provide leadership and collaborative support for high profile firm commitments to the community, including the Food From The Bar campaign across all three offices.
- Identify opportunities to engage with clients through existing or new community activities, and work with the Client Development Manager to drive internal participation accordingly.
- Manage the firm’s internal and external communications relating to the MTO Foundation, including all collateral for events supported by Foundation grants.
- Contribute to marketing technology systems with the alumni and client experience in mind, and make recommendations to improve and increase user engagement.
- Support firm-wide knowledge management efforts, including maintaining data, tracking engagement, compiling metrics and analytics, and reporting on progress.
- Collaborate with other members of the Business Development and Marketing team to ensure that relevant materials are updated regularly, with content that reflects the substantive strengths, accomplishments and current activities of the firm.
- Lead meetings with internal and external stakeholders, and supervise various team members and projects, and support firm leadership with special projects.
- Review and interpret client, financial, industry and other data and respond to requests for information in a timely manner.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
Developing and delivering multi-mode communications that convey a clear understanding of the unique needs of different audiences.
Rebounding from setbacks and adversity when facing difficult situations.
Building partnerships and working collaboratively with others to meet shared objectives.
Gaining the confidence and trust of others through honesty, integrity, and authenticity.
Building strong customer relationships and delivering customer-centric solutions.
Consistently achieving results, even under tough circumstances.
Adapting approach and demeanor in real time to match the shifting demands of different situations.
Relating openly and comfortably with diverse groups of people.
Plans and aligns
Planning and prioritizing work to meet commitments aligned with organizational goals.
Anticipating and adopting innovations in business-building digital and technology applications.
- MS Office Suite (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook, Teams)
- Adobe Acrobat
- Workday – HRIS
MINIMUM JOB QUALIFICATIONS
- Bachelor's degree and 5-7 years of progressively responsible business development and/or client relations experience with at least two years of experience managing high profile events, alumni programs or community initiatives; or an equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Law firm or other professional services experience is highly desired.
- Experience with contact management and/or event management systems, and discretion in dealing with confidential information.
- Strong interpersonal skills and ability to build relationships with a wide range of individuals.
- Excellent writing skills, combined with the ability to communicate and collaborate effectively with attorneys, executive management and peers.
- Results oriented with time management and organizational skills to prioritize work and handle multiple projects simultaneously in a fast-paced, constantly evolving environment.
- Experience managing multiple edits from multiple contributors, sometimes contemporaneously.
- Ability to take initiative, anticipate needs, and exercise independent, sound judgment to influence decision-making and effectively interface with executive management.
- Ability to work independently, as well as manage projects and assignments in a collaborative team environment.
- Commitment to exceptional client service and dedication to high-quality work.
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office Suite and experience with iManage, Dynamics 365, Power BI or similar programs; knowledge of website platforms/social media tools and resources a plus.
- Flexibility to adjust work schedule according to workload demands with night and weekend availability on occasion.
The expected salary range for this position is between $115,000 and $140,000. The actual base salary offered will depend upon a variety of factors, including without limitation, the qualifications of the individual applicant for the position, years of relevant experience, level of education attained, certifications or other professional licenses held, and if applicable, the location in which the applicant lives and/or from which they will be performing the job.