Administrative Project Coordinator
Administrative Project Coordinator
We are seeking an Administrative Project Coordinator to join the Firm. This position will be based in the Washington, D.C. office (hybrid). This position will provide administrative and secretarial support to the Secretarial Services Department, attorneys, and various professional staff departments in the Washington, DC Office. The Administrative Project Coordinator will serve as back-up personnel in the Visiting Attorney Center and Reception.
Secretarial Services Department
- Responds to requests for assistance by handling the requests or seeking out someone to handle the requests;
- Provides access to DTE Axiom, Chrome River, and makes modification to DTE Axiom group memberships by deleting and adding attorneys.
- Maintains copies of secretarial desk profiles and follow-ups with executive assistants regarding assignment changes and any other updates to the profiles.
- Coordinates logistics for in-house and virtual meetings (e.g., conference room scheduling, audio/visual requests, calendar invites).
- Assists with monitoring staff call-in-line regarding absences, lateness, questions.
- Assists with the production of various reports (e.g., quarterly reports, variance reports and tracing the status of time tickets) and the updating of charts (e.g. assignment chart) with relocation of staff, assignment changes, ratios, and other data.
- Maintains departmental files.
- Assists with orientation, including maintaining updated informational brochures, drafting new hire schedules, escorting new hires to orientation meetings, conducting office tours.
- Assists with the performance evaluation process by maintaining accurate status of completed evaluations and following up with evaluators.
- Provides a high level of attention to detail, skills and flexibility assisting attorneys with a variety of administrative tasks some of which are complex and time sensitive to include, but are not limited to: time entry, calendaring/scheduling, document management, conference services, business development and collaborating with Firm departments and team members to ensure superior client service.
- Assists with Visiting Attorneys by providing administrative support that includes, but not limited to travel arrangements, food services, car services, document management, couriers.
General Administrative Support
- Assists with Reception coverage.
- Prepares general correspondence and generates reports.
- Answers, screens and places telephone calls.
- Opens, reads and route mail.
- Performs other related duties as assigned.
- Thorough working knowledge of relevant firm computer software programs (e.g., Outlook, Word, Excel, PowerPoint) with the ability to learn new software and operating systems.
- Ability to interpret and follow instructions.
- Demonstrates close attention to detail.
- Ability to work well independently as well as effectively within a team.
- Ability to handle multiple projects and shifting priorities.
- Ability to organize and prioritize work.
- Demonstrates ability to use discretion and exercise independent and sound judgment.
- Demonstrate flexibility, dependability, time management and skills to support multiple departments.
- Ability to handle sensitive matters and maintain confidentiality.
- Ability to work in a demanding and fast-paced environment.
- Manages Firm resources responsibly.
- Flexibility to adjust hours and work the hours necessary to meet operating and business needs.
- Bachelor's Degree.
- Minimum of two years of related experience in a law firm or professional services environment.
The overall well-being of our team is important to us. We offer generous benefits to help you achieve wellness in all areas of your life.
- Competitive salaries and year-end discretionary bonuses.
- Comprehensive health care (medical, dental, vision), savings plan/401(k) and voluntary benefits.
- Generous paid time off.
- Paid leave options, including parental.
- In-classroom, remote, and on-demand learning and professional development opportunities.
- Robust well-being classes and programs.
- Opportunities to give back and make an impact in local communities.