Accounts Payable Specialist
Accounts Payable Specialist
Our client is seeking an Accounts Payable Specialist to join their team. The Accounts Payable Specialist will work under the direction of the Accounts Payable Manager. The Accounts Payable Specialist is responsible for coding and processing vendor invoices, statement research, and electronic uploads of accounts payable information into the Elite Accounting system. May also perform a variety of other accounting duties according to established policies and procedures including, but not limited to, employee expense reimbursement processing. Candidate must be able to communicate both written and orally in a professional manner. The successful candidate will provide professional, courteous, timely, and accurate responses to attorneys, support staff, and vendor inquiries while observing the utmost confidentiality of all client and firm matters.
- Executes Accounts Payable duties for the firm (including daily rush check requests) utilizing Elite 3E software and various other vendor websites.
- Reviews, reconciles, and processes employee expense reimbursement utilizing Chrome River with very high attention to detail and accuracy according to firm policies.
- Communicates with and provides necessary information to vendors to resolve issues.
- Effectively and professionally interacts and communicates with attorneys and support staff.
- Researches and responds timely and accurately to inquiries and requests.
- Reviews and processes requests in compliance with firm policies.
- Handles variety and high volume of invoices and inquiries per month.
- Maintains current procedure documentation for all assigned responsibilities.
- Ensures strict confidentiality at all times.
- Assists with special projects as needed.
- Attends in-house training sessions on computer software and applications.
- Faxing, copying, scanning, and responding to emails as necessary.
Knowledge, Skills, & Abilities
- Possess cooperative spirit; participate and collaborate in a team-based environment.
- Elite Enterprise, Elite 3E (or equivalent accounting software) experience.
- Chrome River expense software experience.
- Demonstrate proficiency with MS Office software applications (Outlook, Excel, and Word).
- Ability to think outside the box and be resourceful.
- Ability to multi-task and prioritize under pressure and within tight deadlines.
- Ability to organize work flow and manage time efficiently and effectively.
- Ability to execute role and responsibilities with very strong attention to detail and accuracy.
- Ability to perform at high service levels in a fast paced, ever-changing work environment, and successfully adapt to changing priorities and work demands.
- Ability to anticipate work needs, follow through with minimal direction, follow up on own initiative, and bring processes to completion meeting expectations.
- Must be proactive and have strong customer service experience.
- Ability to add, subtract, multiply, and divide in all units of measure, using whole numbers, common fractions, and decimals. Ability to compute rate, ratio, and percent.
- Displays and demonstrates excellent organizational skills.
- Associate degree or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Prefer minimum 2-3 or more years hands-on experience with Accounts Payable in a law firm.
- Normal office environment with some exposure to excessive noise, dust, temperature and the like. The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those employees encounter while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.